A traditional European brand from a traditional European tyre plant.
The factory, where Kormoran tyres are produced, was founded in 1935, to produce rubber products.
The tyre production started in 1959.
In 1974, a licence agreement and in 1978, a joint venture agreement was signed with BFGoodrich.
Kormoran first appeared as the brand name for a range of passenger car tyres commercialized in 1994, by the polish company, Stomil-Olsztyn.
In 1997, a joint venture agreement was signed with one of the largest tyre manufacturer to renew licence agreement and to provide commercial cooperation. The cooperation led to the foundation of a joint company and in 2007, a majority ownership.